What our Guides are Saying
I’ve worked for LA Ghost Tour as a guide for almost a year now and I’ve truly enjoyed it. I’m able to set my own schedule, management is quick to respond and eager to help with any complications that may arise, and I’m able to work independently. I also love entertaining guests while showing them the darker side of Hollywood. There’s nothing more fun than watching a guest gasp or shake their head in disbelief as you weave tales of murder and mischievous spirits.
Danielle W. – Guide
US Ghost Adventures is looking for energetic storytellers to lead walking tour groups downtown. Tours are held nightly at 8pm, last one hour to 90 minutes, and cover about one mile of ground. Candidates must be great with people and skilled in public speaking. This position is ideal for self-motivated candidates looking for a fun way to make extra income part-time in the evenings.
- Compensation is $40 – 50 per tour plus cash tips.
- Walking tours last approximately 90 minutes and have anywhere from 2 to 35 guests.
- Tours operate year-round, seven days a week.
- Candidates should be able to commit to an availability of three nights a week, for a period of one year.
- Applicants must reside nearby, within 15 miles of downtown
- If this is a fit for you, contact us and tell us why we should hire you to join our ghost tour team. State your availability and any experience with leading groups of people or public speaking
- Virtual interview
- Contract completion
- Training: Our training process is designed to prepare candidates for success.
A) You’ll learn the route and material. Practice reciting the stories out loud, either by recording yourself or in front of friends. Walk the tour route and visit the locations in person. You will attend in person training sessions and may shadow tours. You will have four weeks to recite the material.
B) Once you can recite the stories, you will be tested by delivering a tour to our staff.
- Onboarding. When you pass your test, you will be set up in our booking system and scheduled. Your first tour will be supervised. Once you give a successful supervised tour, you’re hired!